Women of Asphalt appoints new board member
ORANGE PARK, FL — Women of Asphalt (WofA) is excited and proud to announce the appointment of Beth Duffus to its Board of Trustees. Beth has paved her career as an experienced Project Manager with over 15 years’ experience at Granite Construction Company (Granite).
On behalf of the entire WofA Board of Trustees, we warmly welcome Ms. Duffus and look forward to her contribution,” said Sheila Barkevich, WofA Board President. “Her experience in managing paving projects is sure to be a major asset to our organization as we continue to grow.”
Beth Duffus graduated from Washington State University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management. In 2017, Beth was one of 12 founders of Granite’s Resources and Opportunities for Women (GROW), a grassroots effort to advocate for and support women through mentorship, networking, and career development, while establishing Granite as an employer of choice for women. Volunteering as President for the first two years, Beth forged the direction of and championed the continued growth of GROW to the success it is today. She is still actively involved in GROW as Past President. In addition to her involvement with GROW, Beth is also actively engaged with Granite’s outreach efforts, including at the Boys and Girls Club and local elementary schools, to promote a more diverse and inclusive workforce.
In 2020, Beth was selected as one of twenty Women to Watch in 2020 by Women of Asphalt – a testament of her leadership within the asphalt industry, affecting positive change, serving as a mentor, and giving back to her community. She has demonstrated that women, like herself, can be successful in a male-dominated industry.
“I’m honored, and I’m grateful to the Board for the opportunity to help lead this organization of dedicated and talented professionals,” said Duffus. “I am looking forward to inspiring our future leaders and empowering my industry peers.”
Duffus joins the following WofA Board Members:
- Sheila Barkevich, President, Northeast Division Performance Manager, CRH Americas
- Amy Miller, P.E., Past-President, National Director, Asphalt Pavement Alliance
- Audrey Copeland, Ph.D., P.E., Secretary, President & CEO, National Asphalt Pavement Association
- Ashley Batson, Treasurer, J.D., Manager of Government Relations, Road Construction, Ingevity
- Kirsten Fowler, P.E., Executive Director, Asphalt Pavement Association of Indiana
- Michelle M. Miller, P.E., HMA Mix Design Engineer, Michigan Department of Transportation
- Debbie Novak, Marketing/Asphalt Purchasing, Missouri Petroleum Products Co. LLC
- Rachel Quam, Americas Area Manager, Caterpillar Inc.
- Victoria Taffet, Continuous Improvement Manager, Colas USA
- Marquisha Williams, Safety Representative, The Heritage Group
To learn more about the WofA board and read member bios, click here.
Founded in 2017, WofA, a 501(c)(6) organization, works to increase awareness of opportunities in the industry, elevate knowledge through education and resources, and provide platforms to create supportive relationships and growth. In addition to traditional board of director duties, each board member serves as a Board Champion of one of the organization’s main goals, furthering mission-focused initiatives. For more information about Women of Asphalt, www.womenofasphalt.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.